If you have to ask who this is in your group ... it might be time to look in the mirror.
1. RSVP. No one should ever be surprised to see you. And teach the same to your kids.
2. Bring SOMETHING. Never show up empty-handed.
3. If you bring food, don't ask to use the oven/fridge.
4. If you bring flowers, spring for a vase.
5. If you bring wine, don't bring Yellow Tail.
6. Don't bring your dog. Don't even ask.
7. Don't ask what time to be there - and then "what time do we EAT?"
8. Say something nice about the food.
9. Send a 'Thank You' note the very next day.
10. Don't come as a guest for ... however many years ... and never offer to host.