(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
We all have our own likes and disliked when it comes to picking out a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch.
However, these tips I found are actually pretty useful and will be trying when we head to the pumpkin patch!
1. Check the pumpkins for soft spots and signs of mold. Don't forget to check underneath, and press on it with your thumbs. If it gives a little, the pumpkin isn't fresh.
2. Pumpkins continue to ripen and will get more orange after they're picked. Choosing a lighter pumpkin now could give you a perfect deep orange one by Halloween.
3. Look for one that has its handle or stem intact. And a dark green stem is a sign it was picked recently, compared to a brown stem.
4. Look for pumpkins with flat walls and no deep ribs because they better for carving. Skip the tall, oblong pumpkins, which typically have stringier flesh that makes precise cuts difficult.
5. When you find one you like, set it on a flat surface to be sure it sits upright.