(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
“Money” magazine came out with their choices for the 10 Best National Parks in the U.S., ranking them based on what they have to offer, from activities to scenery. They also looked at how much a week at the park will cost for two people, with the top choices offering the highest value for the money.
Top Ten U.S. National Parks
(Plus how much it costs to spend a week there)
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado ($2,336)
- Great Smokey Mountain National Park, Tennessee ($2,297)
- Zion National Park, Utah ($2,297)
- Death Valley National Park, California ($2,193)
- Yosemite National Park, California ($2,870)
- Crater Lake National Park, Oregon ($2,243)
- Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas ($2,211)
- Saguaro National Park, Arizona ($2,527)
- Great Basin National Park, Nevada ($1,715)
- Voyageurs National Park, Minnesota ($1,999)
NOW I have been to the Smokey Mountains many times and I can assure you I did not spend even close to $2,000 but I will tell you, GO INTO THE PARK. Yes there is a lot of mini golf places and restaurants that are fantastic but you need to see the beauty of the park. It is one of my favorite places in the world and I hope you fall in love with it like I did.