THE BEST BEACHES IN THE U.S.
Every year, Florida International University Professor Stephen Leatherman – also known as Dr. Beach – ranks the best beaches in the U.S. To create the list he takes into account 50 different factors including sand, waves and parking. He’s been doing it since 1991, and he takes it pretty seriously.
Here are his 10 best picks for 2017 … just in time to plan your summer vacation:
- Siesta Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
- Kapalua Bay Beach – Maui, Hawaii
- Ocracoke Beach – Outer Banks, North Carolina
- Grayton Beach State Park – Grayton Beach, Florida
- Coopers Beach – Southampton, New York
- Coast Guard Beach – Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Caladesi Island State Park – Dunedin-Clearwater, Florida
- Hapuna Beach State Park – Big Island, Hawaii
- Coronado Beach – San Diego, California
- Beachwalker Park – Kiawah Island, South Carolina (ABC News)
My favorite is Cape Hatteras National seashore part of the Outer Banks in North Carolina. For me it's number one here's some pics...see what I mean. BTW when you go in the off season (basically before Memorial day and a couple weeks after Labor day) it's about this busy. I'm glad to see Ocracoke is on the list it's part of the same seashore but on another island you have to take a ferry to get to. These pics are at the Hatteras village area.