- National Doughnut Day
- National Leave the Office Early Day
Speaking of Doughnut Day, a bunch of places are giving away free doughnuts today, including Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Donuts, and Tim Hortons. Here's a list of the shops and rules.
- So a nun and a cop played soccer. No, really. There’s a video that’s gone viral of a nun and a police officer in Ireland kicking a soccer ball around. And the nun has skills! Check it out here.
- Winter is coming … to Harvard. The university is offering a course on Game of Thrones. The course is called "The Real Game of Thrones: From Modern Myths to Medieval Models." (Time)
- According to Pinterest, the hottest accessory this summer will be scented temporary tattoos. Sure, temporary tats are already a thing, but scented? Who knew? According to Pinterest, searches have gone up more than 450% from last year – so basically that means no one was searching them last summer and now everyone is! If you’re looking to get in on the trend, Tattly is the place to get your scented ink on. The tattoos last between 2 and 4 days, depending on how gentle you are with them, and they are completely vegan. (Glamour)
- Let’s hear it for the four-hour work day! A new study has found that in a 24-hour period, the average adult can only be really productive for about four uninterrupted hours. That means we waste half the workday dealing with emails, meetings, calls and simply wasting time. (Independent)
- This is disturbing … Seems some women are putting ground-up wasp nests in their hoo-has. No joke. According to the Daily Mail, women are doing this to supposedly tighten and rejuvenate things down there. These nests are not marketed as "wasp nests” but as “oak galls” (same thing) and they’re being sold on Etsy. No surprise … medical professionals are calling the practice dangerous.
- Here’s a great summertime wine hack that will keep your wine chilled, without watering it down. Just freeze a bunch of grapes and use them as wine ice cubes. Not only will they chill your wine without watering it down or changing the flavor, but when you get to the bottom of your glass you can eat the fruit. If you're feeling adventurous, add some frozen strawberries and peaches too. They add subtle fruit flavor to your drink and keep it cool at the same time. (Cosmo)
- Speaking of wine, a vineyard in New York's The Hamptons has opened up a Rosé Drive Thru. Win! (Munchies)