- National Say Something Nice Day
- National Go Barefoot Day
- What one thing do you wish you were good at?
- What one thing are you naturally good at without even trying?
- Forget pricey promposals … Now teens are splurging on professional prom photo shoots … in an effort to get more likes on social media. (Seventeen)
- How much should you give as wedding gift? Depends on where you live and what season it is. According to research by Tendr, a company that helps people send and receive cash gifts for weddings, the national winter average is $147, the spring average is $157, the national summer wedding average jumps up to $174, and a fall wedding runs about $155. The state with the lowest cash gift average is Arkansas, with $74. Vermont is the highest, with a typical wedding gift of $245. Check out the full list here.
- Well this is scary … According to a new study, when you don’t get enough sleep, your brain actually starts eating itself. Researchers found that when you consistently get poor sleep, your brain starts to delete neurons and synaptic connections. Even worse? Getting enough sleep again might not reverse the damage. Get those 8 hours! (Science Alert)
- Your summer is about to get (frozen) rosier … Frosés – which are frozen rosés – are this summer's hottest cool drink and are popping up in bars everywhere. (Woman’s Day)
- Way to go, Sunshine State … Florida has joined 13 other states and the District of Columbia and gotten rid of its tampon tax. Yep, starting in January 2018, Florida women won’t have to pay extra for the “luxury” of feminine hygiene. (Refinery 29)
- Get ready for spicy Skittles and Starbursts. Yep, the candies are both developing spicy versions called “Sweet Heat.” They’ll be infused with a spicy kick, and have a black wrapper and a new fiery logo. Some of the flavors you might see on shelves later this year include Fiery Watermelon, Blazin’ Mango, Flamin’ Orange, Sizzlin’ Strawberry and Lemon Spark. (People)