There are 200 vendors at the Ohio State Fair and here are some of the new food items at the fair this year:
- Big Buchanan Sausage with Kimchi – (S & C Concessions, west side of Ag & Hort Bldg.) This unique combination includes a sausage smothered in a special onion, bell pepper and Kimchi sauce. This new Fair food is sure to make your mouth water.
- Campfire Pretzel – (Tracey Company, north end of Bricker MarketPlace Building) – This soft pretzel, baked with sweet buttery dough, is sure to be a must-have snack. Topped with peanut butter, mini roasted marshmallows and chocolate bits, this pretzel curb both salty and sweet cravings. The campfire pretzel is a great addition to one of Tracey Company’s famous Coney dogs or hand-dipped root beer floats.
- Dragon’s Breath (Nitrogen Dessert) (Martin’s Fine Foods, east side of Taste of Ohio Café) – Dragon’s Breath: It’s where here science meets fantasy, giving fairgoers the opportunity to “be the dragon!” Visitors can try nitrogen dragon puffs and enjoy the fun and smiles with friends and family as smoke bellows from their nostrils and mouth. There’s fun in every cup!
- Fried Pies – (Der Dutchman, between the Bricker MarketPlace Building and the WCOL Celeste Center) – This popular dessert features your favorite fruit pie filling in a half-moon shaped pie crust, deep-fried to perfection.
- Gourmet Cold Brew Coffee (Eaton Cookies, West of the Ag & Hort Bldg.) – Eaton Cookies is adding JavaCentral’s gourmet cold brewed coffee to the menu this year. They are featuring signature cold brewed drinks including chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla cupcake and salted carmel vanilla mocha. Eaton Cookies is also introducing a “bottomless cup” of milk this year, with free refills on day of purchase. They are donating 50 cents to Nationwide Children’s Hospital for every “bottomless cup” sold.
- Philly Donut Burger (Dickerson & Kenna Donut Burger stand, in front of the Taft Coliseum) – Shaved seasoned steak atop a ¼ pound fresh grilled hamburger topped with Monterey Jack cheese, sautéed onions and green peppers, all between two Krispy Kreme donuts. What more could you want?
- Philly Fries – (Dickerson & Kenna Donut Burger stand, in front of the Taft Coliseum) – Your favorite French fries topped with seasoned shaved steak, sautéed onions and green peppers and Monterey Jack cheese. It’s a Philly Cheese Steak served on fries!
- Pork “Butt Fries” -(Dickerson & Kenna Donut Burger stand, in front of the Taft Coliseum) – Crush your cravings by eating French fries topped with smoked pulled pork, cheddar cheese, green onions and jalapeno peppers. You won’t go hungry!
- Siracha Bacon Tots – (The Tot Shop, North of the Ag & Hort Bldg.) – This twist on a classic side dish is sure to excite your taste buds. These tots are lathered with a special Siracha blend sauce that just add the right amount of kick, and are then topped off with bacon to finish off this decadent concoction.
- Stuffed waffles on a stick – (Waffle Chix, south of ShowPlace Pavilion/east side of Taste of Ohio Café) – Waffles alone are great – but these stuffed waffles take it to a new level. Your choice of a sweet or savory treat – including cookie dough, Milky Way bars, Snickers bars, sausage, chicken – is stuffed in the waffle then served fair-style, on a stick. Check them out on Carnival Eats on the Cooking Channel on August 5 and 12.
- Turkey Ribs (Ohio Eggs, Turkey and Chicken Booth, Taste of Ohio Café) Don’t miss Turkey Ribs at the Ohio State Fair! Tender all-white turkey breast is soaked in BBQ sauce and served on the bone. Find them only in the Taste of Ohio Café!
Source: Ohio State Fair