1. You produce more carbon dioxide. Pregnant women produce more of it when they breathe, so do people who are overweight.
2. You run hot. A study two years ago found they're attracted to people with higher body temperatures. Which could be caused by a fever, or just being out in the sun.
3. You have type-O blood. A study in 2004 found it attracts more mosquitos than other blood types. Some of us also secrete a chemical that TELLS mosquitos what our blood type is.
4. You have a certain microbial make-up that mosquitos love. Meaning the bacteria on your skin. Everyone's is different, and mosquitos like some more than others.
5. You're a big drinker. A study in 2002 found mosquitos were much more attracted to people after they drank beer. Even just one beer was enough to do it.