(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
I am so excited for the Royal Wedding that all of the traditions and rules intrigue me. According to the website MamaMia these are the "big" rules that are "No-No's."
- No more shellfish - Members of the royal family are advised against eating lobster, oysters, shrimp and other shellfish because of the high chance of getting food poisoning.
- No Monopoly - Prince Andrew revealed that the royal family isn’t allowed to play the popular board game at home because “it gets too vicious.”
- Only demure clothing - Dresses below the knee, and no cleavage for royals. And there’s a rule about wearing stockings that Meghan hasn’t always followed so far, but that could change when she officially becomes a Duchess.
- No public displays of affection - You don’t see royals holding hands or kissing.
- No social media, selfies or autographs- Markle was once active on Instagram and had a blog, but her social media updates will now be shared through the family’s joint Instagram @kensingtonroyal.
- Meghan must always walk behind Prince William and Duchess Catherine - For public occasions, the royal family walks in order of who’s next in line for the throne. So, Will and Kate walk behind Prince Charles and Meghan and Harry behind them.
- Royals must always pack a spare black outfit when travelling - Just in case there’s a death of a prominent figure or world leader, the royal family has to be prepared to dress appropriately.
- No more acting or side projects either - With all the royal engagements she’ll make once she’s a duchess, Meghan won’t really have time for acting and she’ll no longer be affiliated with World Vision Canada or her work with the United Nations.